Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fine timing

I just came across a Guardian article via Lindsey's blog, outlining how US troops confiscated tapes looking into American and British mispending of Iraqi funds. I believe Callum Macrae, the director of the investigative documentary, sums up the appropriate response

We need a convincing assurance from the American authorities that this terrifying experience was not harassment and a crude attempt to discourage Ali's investigation.

Quoted from
Guardian Unlimited | US troops seize award-winning Iraqi journalist

I doubt I'm really "spreading the word" with my current readership, but new linking puts the article higher in search engines and the public eye. I'll try and update this, if new information comes in.

1 comment:

lindseyw said...

Wow, I've been linked to! Thanks.