Saturday, September 15, 2012

Had a block yard sale today.

Had a block yard sale today. Our family was hanging out casually on the front lawn and a lady was striking up a casual conversation with us. Eventually she turned to the boys and began asking them questions,
"Hey there, it looks like you're having a lot of fun, did you have fun today?"
Nate, "We're making a pretend fire." Points to a pile of sticks he's been collecting.
"Oh, that sounds fun, are you going roast pretend marshmallows over the fire?"
"No, I'm going to burn James."
"...ummm, I'm not sure I understood that."

2 comments:

Gerald Marion said...

lol, signs of a psychopath, nope just kids being kids

Jonathan Epp said...

So true. Whenever I worry about that, I just remember the story my friends, who Sara and I really look up to as role models for parenting, told me about their kids. They had been sharing the Easter story with their boys in the lead up to Easter, and apparently the boys really identified with the story because they would pretend that they were Roman soldiers and their little sister (who could barely walk at the time) was Jesus.