Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I was watching the boys at the playground yesterday, and had taken my eyes off of James, when I heard loud "splat".

I was watching the boys at the playground yesterday,  and had taken my eyes off of James, when I heard loud "splat". I looked over, and James was lying face down in the gravel spread eagle by the side of the slide. I could tell from how he was positioned and the loudness of the splat that he had just attempted to jump off mid way up the slide (at least 4 feet up) where there's a slight bump that they can stop and stand on. So I went over to help him out and give him a hug.

"Did that hurt?"
"Yeah" (small sob)
"Well don't do that then, silly boy!"
"Why?"
"Because it's too high up."
James laughing, "Yeah, me do small jump!"
"Okay, good. You do small jumps."
Turn around to see where Nate's at, and I hear the sound of something hitting the gravel again. I look back, and there's James on the ground again, except this time he aced the jump and landed it on his feet.

(I tried to catch him on camera doing it again, but the one other time he did it, I was too slow to catch him.)

No comments: