Sunday, November 06, 2011

Nate's bed has slats in the side guards, they happen to be the exact size of Nate's foot, which means he can stick...

Nate's bed has slats in the side guards, they happen to be the exact size of Nate's foot, which means he can stick them through, but then they get stuck and he needs help getting them out. I really wish I could say this isn't something that happens often, but that isn't the case.

Anyways, a couple of weeks ago Nate gets his feet stuck in his bed rail again and he's wailing for me to get him unstuck. I'm worried he's going to wake James, so I rush in. Given that this isn't the first time this has happened, I go, "Nate, how about you don't put your feet through the railing."

Nate, with complete innocence, "Why?"

"BECAUSE YOU KEEP GETTING THEM STUCK! THAT'S WHY!"

The cycle does not change, and tonight he gets his feet stuck in the railing yet again. I plod into his room to get on with inevitable routine. When I walk in, the only unusual thing is that he's wedged both feet in this time. I go to unwedge his feet and he goes, "Why they put these holes here?"

I almost cried. (If I had the presence of mind, I would have responded, "That's what I wonder every night too.")

No comments: