Friday, December 22, 2006

In Other News

I enjoyed the title of the news post from which this excerpt comes:

The nightclub owner appeared totally at home on the dance floor, basking in the admiring glances of his pupils.
...
For "Danny J" is in fact Corporal Daniel James, the soldier accused of spying for Iran while working as intrepreter and aide to General David Richards, the commander of Nato forces in Afghanistan.

The 'spy' who danced the salsa | News | This is London

I'm beginning to concur with Neil Gaiman, who upon learning of the circumstances surrounding the mystery of the Bishop and his missing memory as well as the news articles involving Russian spies and Polonium posioning, had this to say:

... I am beginning to suspect that whoever is currently writing the world, or at least the English bit of it, is starting to plunder cheap fiction for ideas.

Neil Gaiman - Neil Gaiman's Journal: December 2006

1 comment:

mjs said...

I am far from convinced that Daniel James has done anything wrong.

As I was wrongly convicted of offences under the Official Secrets Act, I am well aware of the bias and tricks that are used in gaining the conviction of a defendant under the OSA.

I have contacted Daniel James, and I want to do everything I can to ensure that he receives a fair trial, as it is so difficult for any defendant to get acquitted in a secret OSA trial. I have documented some details about this case on my blog:
http://parellic.blogspot.com