Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nate this morning, "When I was just a little baby in Mommy's stomach, I always hoped I would have a big Dad .

Nate this morning, "When I was just a little baby in Mommy's stomach, I always hoped I would have a big Dad ... and you're the biggest Dad ever."

In a similiar vein, A couple weekends ago, Nate had woken up early and I was going downstairs with him, so we wouldn't wake up Sara and James, and he stops halfway down the stairs and goes, "You're the best Dad ever!"
"Thanks, Nate. That's very sweet. That makes Dad very happy."
"... but sometimes you're the baddest Dad ever."
"Oh."
"... and sometimes you're a good and bad Dad."

2 comments:

Robbie Melvin said...

Reminds me of the time when John was that age... "Mommy and Daddy are terrible!"  Said when we were playing board-games and he had to stay in bed. 

miss you guys

Jonathan Epp said...

Yeah, it just hasn't been working out to get together unfortunately. Looking forward to the next time we hang out.