Sunday, April 08, 2012

James likes to eat.

James likes to eat.

On Friday James ate so much and with such ferocity that I had flashbacks of eating at my parents place with my teenage brother. It also prompted Sara to start an honest discussion about the best strategy to divide food equitably so that every member of the family could get enough food to eat. (There was an unspoken understanding that just making more food until James had enough to eat wasn't a viable option.) James is barely one.

On Saturday we caught James on multiple occasions trying to eat dirt from the potted plants. With a fork.

On Sunday James came and offered me his hand. I took it assuming he might want help walking. I was wrong. He began pulling me across the living room, and then the dining room, right up to his high chair. "Ah, you want to eat?" I begin rummaging around the kitchen. The next time I look back, James has procured some plastic food from somewhere and has placed it on a plastic plate at the base of his high chair, and is poking at it with a plastic fork. Okay. I get the picture!