Monday, March 19, 2012

I was kicking around the soccer ball with Nate.

I was kicking around the soccer ball with Nate. He was running past me and I tried to pass the ball to him, but he didn't see it coming and tripped over the ball and went flying. Not skipping a beat, Nate gets up and informs me that's what soccer players do, and then requests me to kick the ball to him a couple times, at which point he purposefully falls over saying that's how you play soccer. I'm unclear on whether he's just that smooth at adapting to his own pitfalls, or if he's actually seen a professional soccer game.

4 comments:

Stephen Epp said...

Sometimes I feel silly +1ing almost every post you make about Nate and James, but those two make me laugh every time. Great to see he has picked up an important part of soccer. I wonder what Mike would say to this?

Jonathan Epp said...

Yeah, I'll have to remember to tell that one to Mike.

It always feels good to get a +1 :)

...I was thinking you might reply with "I have sharp teeth" to the post about scaring away the bug.

Robbie Melvin said...

When I was over, he was purposefully reaching for the ball and falling in goal. Told me that's what players do. Went and got a cardboard box, just to make sure I understood he was in goal. I think you may be destined for a goalie.

Jonathan Epp said...

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better.